The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my 11yo grandniece changed out her pump by herself. Her mama looked on, but did not assist . . . (mama feeling a little useless now too, but it hadda happen - right?)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rock on little Grandniece! Guess she's climing into the pilot's seat, huh Shanny.

Jen
Guess so - she's a pistol, that one! Good thing her folks & her nana are strong-minded people who can settle her hash when she needs it! :D

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
EXCELLENT! I have a 10 y/o who cannot see fit to brush her own HAIR!

I would've been like that ... independent about the whole thing!!! Congrats to her!

O

·
0 Posts
well done to your grandniece Shanny... it sounds like she has a grip on the situation (literally). :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Today my 11yo grandniece changed out her pump by herself. Her mama looked on, but did not assist . . . (mama feeling a little useless now too, but it hadda happen - right?)
Your niece is awesome. Diabetes makes kids mature so much faster.
If you are near her give her a "high five" for me.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Shanny - does your grandniece have a bit of Nana's personality to help her along with her diabetes management :)?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Shanny - does your grandniece have a bit of Nana's personality to help her along with her diabetes management :)?
If she does she is in for a long and successful career with diabetes winning more often than not!!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts