·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gravy

1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz. cream cheese, softened

In a skillet, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Cook and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the gravy is thickened.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gravy

1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream

In a skillet, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Cook and stir until the cream cheese is melted and the gravy is thickened.
What size is the can of chicken broth? :)

G

·
Gravy

1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream

Mmmmm, I love gravy and want to make this one, so I just looked up the metric measurements and thought others might like to see them here with the original ingredients and method.

500ml chicken stock
1/2 cup double cream
115g cream cheese, softened

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
As a quick aside and giggle...I'm not a good gravy maker or have never been because the flour always clumped on me and because I was told fats were not to be eaten, but now days, I'm finding I love gravy and it's always smooth and pretty with these recipes! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just bought some Xanthan gum a while back because I saw that it was used in some low carb recipes, but for the life of me I've lost the links and now don't know what to do with it. Does anyone use it to thicken gravy?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I have used it for that and many recipes call for it to thicken things. Be sure to stir like crazy to dissolve it is the only warning. I used too much the first time I used it and it gave the gravy a slick feeling. You may want to google it too.

The site I posted earlier had several recipes that called for it, by the way.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Mmmmm, I love gravy and want to make this one, so I just looked up the metric measurements and thought others might like to see them here with the original ingredients and method.

500ml chicken stock
1/2 cup double cream
115g cream cheese, softened
And don't worry too much about getting the right proportions - it's terrific any way you do it! :D When I roast a chicken, I just pour heavy cream into the drippings & because it's thick, it doesn't need anything to thicken it, although the cream cheese is a marvelous addition to flavor as well! Just sayin', if you don't have cream cheese on hand - go on without it. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts