The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are very different from the typical ones ...

4 HB eggs
2 T olive oil
1/4 c crumbled feta
1 T tiny capers
1/4 t oregano
salt, pepper, cayenne

Cut eggs in half and put yolks in bowl. Add olive oil and mash well.

Mix capers, oregano, and feta in food processor, into a paste. Add to yolk mixture, season to taste and place back in whites, garnishing with salt, pepper and / or cayenne.

These were rich and satisfying and DELICIOUS! Could of course make a larger batch for parties, but watch out -- you will eat them ALL!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Are you sayin' I prob'ly shouldn't make my usual 1½ dozen (nine jumbo eggs) at once? :D :D :D Okay, I'll dial it back, but these sound heavenly - I'd never have thought of the capers, but I always have them on hand.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seriously, they are sooo easy to OD on!!!

I thought it was funny the recipe called for only 4 eggs ... till I ate TWO!

I should attribute this one -- it was from a Greek cookbook by Diane Kochilas. But not her Against the Grain;" I think it was the vegetarian one. I have a couple of hers ...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Okay, these Greek eggs are going into the rotation! And don't hold the cayenne . . . it really does the trick!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And don't rinse the capers either (often times recipes will direct you to rinse them) - just enjoy all that pickle-y goodness! :D

I'm SO glad I finally sprang for a mini food processor! lol!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Well, I see I better go to Costco and get my big pack of 2 dozen eggs for this recipe. My husband loves spicey, especially cayenne. I can see this will become a staple in our house.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm trying "Greek stuffed eggs" this weekend ... They do sound wonderful...

bugg:)loves a good stuffed egg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts