The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m Gene, a retired American expat living in the Philippines. I’ve been here over eight years and enjoying the slow paced, tropical lifestyle.

I’ve been volunteering as a moderator over on Expat Forum with Bob for over a year. Being retired I have a lot of free time and have offered to help to moderate this site in my spare time.

I don’t have a lot of knowledge on diabetes; so the moderating I do will be mostly to help out the other “mods” in keeping spam out and basically helping the site to run smoothly.

It’s great to be here and looking forward to reading many of your posts throughout the site.

Cheers

Gene

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Healthy Life

Hi Gene, welcome to the forum. When I was first dx'd with diabetes I knew nothing about diabetes. A couple of sources really helped me a ton

Blood Sugar 101

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars. Official Web Site

Using those 2 sources and learning how to Eat to my bg meter, I now have my bgs controlled within a normal range most days.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm enjoying reading so many of the posts here and is helping me to understand diabetes and its effects on people.

Gene...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts