The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Craig, i've had juvenile diabetes for 8 years i'm 20 yrs old this march. I've been in denial for all of these 8 years i recently found out i've been depressed for a really long time, for the last 2 yrs since i graduated from high school i've been unemployed and i've neither attended school. My blood sugar is high on a regular basis but i'm trying to be proactive and get i under control so i set up a appointment when a diabetes center and i joined this forum.

Other info, i love to read, play video games (Pc, PS3), i'm a internet junkie.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well, welcome to the group. I'm glad you decided to join us. Lots of friendly, smart, well informed people here to help you along the way. I have been treated for depression in the past so I know exactly where you are coming from. I want to congratulate you on taking the necessary steps to get your diabetes on track. Great job!! I have type 2 diabetes, controlled with a couple of medications. Looking forward to seeing your wonderful progress!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi There Craig: :)

Most People go through Denial, Depression, Anger, Bargaining and Acceptance while living with Diabetes. So you are not alone. Some take many, many years to gain Acceptance of Diabetes.

So you were about 12 when you were dxd? I'm Happy to hear that you are seeking medical attention. Hopefully you are on your way to a Healthy Life.

Congrats on your Graduation. ***HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG***

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Craig, welcome aboard! I spend a lot of time on my computer since I am retired but I take time out every day to exercise. I went outdoors today and walked for one hour on roads that have a lot of hills. I cover about 2.5 miles in one hour. (I am 69 and that is rather good for me.) I also eat 130g of carbs per day. Counting carbs and exercising is a very helpful to all diabetics. I assume you know your insulin/carb ratios and use them for bolusing.

I was diagnosed in 1945 when I was 6. I am healthy. You can live a long, healthy life with Type 1 if you have good control. Good luck!

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts