The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of names that I recognize, I figured I'd just join another forum, as I really enjoy chatting and getting to know people.

I also saw that Shanny was a mod here, which just blew my mind! :eek: :p

For those who don't know me (probably most of you), I'm Jeremy -- I'm 28, was Diagnosed with Type 2 back in August of '09. I'm currently controlled with just diet and (lack of) exercise. My A1c at diagnosis was 9.5 and my FBG was 320. I now enjoy FBG's in the 80's and an A1c of 5.0. I've lost around 35 pounds since my Dx and still have plenty more to go.

I tend to follow a low-carb regimen of around 75g of carbs or less per day, I've had a bit of a hard time sticking to it lately, but am trying to get back down there. Always happy to help others, and always glad to learn new things.. there's always something to learn with the big 'D'.

Anyway, hope to get to know some more peeps! Have a good day!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howdy! :)

<scratches head> I just noticed there is a diabetesforums, and this here diabetes forum. Some of the same people are on both. Are the two sites affiliated with each other, or just cross community type of thingy going on here? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

<scratches head> I just noticed there is a diabetesforums, and this here diabetes forum. Some of the same people are on both. Are the two sites affiliated with each other, or just cross community type of thingy going on here? :confused:
I don't think they're affiliated. I've been a member of diabetesforumS since about 2 days after my diagnosis, and I just stumbled on this one today. :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well as I live & breathe, Jeremy Lawrence, you ornery pup! Fancy meeting you here! :D :D :D Welcome aboard! :cool:

Nope, no affiliation, PieRat . . . we're based in the UK - the other board is stateside.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi Jeremy, I'm Pam :) Good to meet ya and look forward to getting to know ya :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
:)

Hey there Jeremy and Welcome!!

Well this makes sense now! When I was diagnosed back in 08 I joined diabetesforumS but didn't interact much. I wanted to start back though and typed in diabetesforum instead. :D Now I know why my login and password didn't work with this site. :p

I am glad I found this forum though! :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
:)

Hey there Jeremy and Welcome!!

Well this makes sense now! When I was diagnosed back in 08 I joined diabetesforumS but didn't interact much. I wanted to start back though and typed in diabetesforum instead. :D Now I know why my login and password didn't work with this site. :p

I am glad I found this forum though! :)
Awwwww....we are glad you found it too! *hug*

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I see lots of names that I recognize, I figured I'd just join another forum, as I really enjoy chatting and getting to know people.

I also saw that Shanny was a mod here, which just blew my mind! :eek: :p

For those who don't know me (probably most of you), I'm Jeremy -- I'm 28, was Diagnosed with Type 2 back in August of '09. I'm currently controlled with just diet and (lack of) exercise. My A1c at diagnosis was 9.5 and my FBG was 320. I now enjoy FBG's in the 80's and an A1c of 5.0. I've lost around 35 pounds since my Dx and still have plenty more to go.

I tend to follow a low-carb regimen of around 75g of carbs or less per day, I've had a bit of a hard time sticking to it lately, but am trying to get back down there. Always happy to help others, and always glad to learn new things.. there's always something to learn with the big 'D'.

Anyway, hope to get to know some more peeps! Have a good day!
Welcome Jeremy! I hope that you visit often!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.