The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

So I woke up today with a 130 MG, which I believe is decent. I had a 2" red Apple and a small cup of light yogurt.

Anyway, I'm going to eat lunch in about an hour, 250grams of grilled kofta.

I was wondering how many carbohydrates that would contain? I will not be eating rice with it, just diet bread, probably.

Thank you, guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the kofta does not have rice in it, no carbs. Just ground lamb or beef and spices. No idea on carbs for the bread. it depends what kind and how much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The kofta is grilled and doesn't have rice in it, so I guess no carbs. I knew how much the bread contains, but not the kofta. Thanks, mate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a blood test two hours after that meal, and for some reason it turned out 230mg. Why is that? I ate one piece of that diet bread, the kofta, and watercress and took 4 units of insulin. :S :S

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my opinion there is no such thing as healthy bread for diabetics. All breads spike me

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes
Yeah.. It is probably the bread even though it's supposed to be light. I took 3 units to stabilize the sugar level again..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most probably the bread. Even so called low GI bread spikes me within minutes. I do not eat bread anymore....just once in a very long while I give in to my bread cravings but then I suffer the consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Diabetes

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
You could have been running higher already from the apple and yogurt. Fruit spikes me more in the AM (mostly I can eat only berries anyway) and yogurt can have significant carbs depending on the type.

Had you tested before your lunch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts