The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
My 2 y/o Manx is the only one young enough to stoop to ornament-snatching, but he makes up for the rest -- he is SO naughty!

In years past we had a huge longhair female who did a "Tarzan swing" on the tree -- and somehow managed to keep it upright anyhow!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had to stop having trees after our kids were grown and had left home. There were cats who would climb almost to the top and the tree would fall and many ornaments were broken.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
We have two short-haired black cats in out home that cunningly wait until nighttime (when we can't see them) to get up to all kinds of mischief and christmas trees are fair game in their books. If it looks like a tree and smells like a tree then it is a tree (despite all that fancy stuff on it) and it must be climbed, tackled, scratched, cleansed of all ornaments, bitten, slept under...over....in... and then the fun begins. I need a dog.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Please do not wish for a dog . . . my daughter-in-law awoke in the night to find her gift had been chewed up by their 2-year-old GSD, and now only one pearl earring can be found. I guess it's check-the-poop time, eh? Ick! :(

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Two dogs, two cats ... and one small Christmas tree on display in the bay window in our bedroom. Door firmly closed. Live tree, rooted in heavy soil. Just in case.

So far, so good ...

Happy Holidays to all!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
We had cats when I was growing up that had knocked a tree or two down from climbing it. I always loved when they batted at the ornaments too...of course not when they wrecked them. We have two dogs and I do not put any gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve night before going to bed; and I never leave anything that contains any type of food product under the tree or where the dogs can get to it. They are of course 7 y/o, but still act like puppies here and there, so I never trust them alone with stuff like that.

I hope they find the other pearl earring! That is horrible! Eck.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Please do not wish for a dog . . . my daughter-in-law awoke in the night to find her gift had been chewed up by their 2-year-old GSD, and now only one pearl earring can be found. I guess it's check-the-poop time, eh? Ick! :(
First, one must find the poop ...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We had cats when I was growing up that had knocked a tree or two down from climbing it. I always loved when they batted at the ornaments too...of course not when they wrecked them. We have two dogs and I do not put any gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve night before going to bed; and I never leave anything that contains any type of food product under the tree or where the dogs can get to it. They are of course 7 y/o, but still act like puppies here and there, so I never trust them alone with stuff like that.

I hope they find the other pearl earring! That is horrible! Eck.
They did find the other earring . . . and right where they expected. Ick again. :eek:hwell:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts