The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my H1Ac reading is 6.2 from 6.1. Only hitch was my cholesterol LDL was 3.8 from 2.8. Comparative readings were January 2010. I'm type 2. Any specific observations should I be happy. My morning blood fasting sugar average reading for last 8 weeks is 5.5

G

·
Hi Michael - those numbers are nothing to sneeze at... they're pretty good. :D You're within safe range at least. I think we always try and go as low as we can, but sometimes we can go too low too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Michael.

I'd be more interested in your HDL and Triglycerides than LDL which is misleading -- it is a calculated value and even then only reflects a volume of LDL with no consideration for the fact that LDL comes in different sized particles...

Beyond Routine Cholesterol Testing: The Role of LDL Particle Size Assessment...
A growing body of evidence suggests that LDL particles that are small and dense are more atherogenic than those which are large and “fluffy.” Thus, two patients with the same LDL measurement ... may have differing levels of cardiovascular risk depending on the relative proportions of small, dense and large, fluffy particles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts