The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a three hour fasting glucose test today. I brought along my One Touch and tracked my levels along with the test. Here are my results:

Fasting Glucose: 84
1 Hour after taking glucose: 151
2 Hours after taking glucose: 92

Everything I've read says these are "normal" ranges. Anything over 130 and I get really tired. I was very tired after about an hour but I didn't have any of the other side effects I usually get (shakes, tremors, dizziness). I think it was because I was just sitting in the doctor's office not doing anything, not exerting myself.

I'm not sure what these numbers mean. I do think it verifies something I've suspected. My endocrinologist says I have reactive hypoglycemia which I think is triggered by stress. Today I was very relaxed and I didn't have the usual symptoms. It makes me think stress is a trigger for me.

Would love some input on my test numbers.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Those numbers are great!! They don't look like any kind of diabetes at all. I don't know if stress alone can cause your lows at times, That is a question for your doctor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the official results today:

Fasting glucose: 75
Urine fasting: Negative?? No idea what that means
1 hour: 75
2 hour: 112
3 hour: 63

The comments section said all but the last one were normal.

If this is a normal test, it pretty much confirms my suspicion that stress triggers the reactive hypo episodes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was pretty tired when it was done. I had some gluten free pumpkin bread waiting for me in my car so I had that afterward. I okay after that.

Actually, I've been pretty good all week. It's been a virtually stress-free week for me which has helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts