The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt shakey & weird. It was 10pm. I did a test & was 68 :eek:
I was shocked. I have never been that low. at least to my knowledge. It was also time for my Lantus. I didn't know, do I take it or not?
I ate some chunky PB instead. :pout:

Of course the lantus web site didn't tell you anything. :(

I checked again at 2am still low 78. then at 4am 74.

got up at 6am 101. don't know if I should take lantus are not. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Those are not really lows. Those are near-lows. I think you are doing great! Take care of the symptoms, yes, but I would not panic.

·
Registered
741 Posts
lantus doesn't start working straight away there is a delay...lantus profile..so you would be safe to take it

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Even your 68 wasn't extremely low... it was, in fact, normal for some people.

I can't remember when you were diagnosed, but IIRC it was recently ... it's most-likely the symptoms you experienced were your body's way of responding to lower than IT's normal blood sugar.

If you were 68 at 10pm, 78 at 2am and 74 at 4am, those are perfectly healthy numbers AND indicative of NOT being in medical hypoglycemia, as they were not going down... Considering you only ate Chunky Peanut Butter, they show your liver was, in fact, working pretty healthily!

You'll get used the the feelings in a few more weeks.

DO watch for the lows to DROP though. If you stay in the high 60's, low 70's that's no problem. If it turns into a 50-something, TEST AGAIN to ensure it's not a one-off error, and if it's really hypo, eat some sugar.

Reactions: Carolina
1 - 4 of 4 Posts