The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy that tomorrow that I will be getting my hair cut and permed and colored-got to get rid of a patch of gray hair that grows in the front on the right side...ugh.....My sister is a cosmotologist and had to cancel 2 weeks ago because she had the flu. She best be well tomorrow :flame: The dog catcher van keeps going by the house and I bet they are looking for me....and the bed head look is bad when my hair gets too long. :eek:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I am so happy that tomorrow that I will be getting my hair cut and permed and colored-got to get rid of a patch of gray hair that grows in the front on the right side...ugh.....My sister is a cosmotologist and had to cancel 2 weeks ago because she had the flu. She best be well tomorrow :flame: The dog catcher van keeps going by the house and I bet they are looking for me....and the bed head look is bad when my hair gets too long. :eek:
Wow. I must be SUCH a guy ... I'm more like this:

Ugh. Hair looks like crap. Guess I HAVE to go get it cut. Why isn't it still $4.00 like it was in 1980, anyway?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. I must be SUCH a guy ... I'm more like this:

Ugh. Hair looks like crap. Guess I HAVE to go get it cut. Why isn't it still $4.00 like it was in 1980, anyway?
LOL-how much does a haircut cost for a gentleman nowadays? We have a few places around here that will cut your hair for $5.99. I wouldn't let them hack on my hair!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
LOL-how much does a haircut cost for a gentleman nowadays? We have a few places around here that will cut your hair for $5.99. I wouldn't let them hack on my hair!
Cheapest place I can find in my area (other than the 'beauty college' or whatever they're called) is about $15.

Pretty expensive for the whole 11 minutes it takes to cut my hair...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheapest place I can find in my area (other than the 'beauty college' or whatever they're called) is about $15.

Pretty expensive for the whole 11 minutes it takes to cut my hair...
Sounds like rip-off. You could probably survive a $5.99 haircut. I was under the impression that Alberta, Canada is a big town. I thought you might be close to everything, help me out here!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We both get our hair cut at the beauty shop in town for $7 each.
That sound like a good deal! I really do not know what just a hair cut costs. I always have a perm and maybe color and then my sister gives me a discount.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sounds like rip-off. You could probably survive a $5.99 haircut. I was under the impression that Alberta, Canada is a big town. I thought you might be close to everything, help me out here!
Well, Alberta is a province (kind of like Ohio is a state) in Canada. The province is large, about the size of Texas, with just under 4 million people living in it. Most of the people are in 2 main metropolitan areas, Calgary and Edmonton.

Our big claim to fame here in Alberta is Oil. We supply more oil to the USA than any other country in the world, including the Middle East. In fact,in our province alone we have the 2nd largest oil reserves of any country in the world, after only Saudi Arabia.

I live in a small suburb of Calgary. My city has about 40,000 people whereas Calgary has just over a million.

The Calgary area is notoriously expensive to live in. Everything costs more here than all of Canada (except that Real Estate in Toronto and Vancouver is priced higher.)

So yeah, it's a ripoff.

You think the haircut cost is bad, you should see the grocery stores. $8.99 for a frozen pizza? It's that retarded. Even Wal-Mart overprices here, because everyone does. I've paid $11 for a bag of cherries before. Same for grapes. The only things cheap are the starchy carbs, roflmao.

O

·
0 Posts
well I had my hair cut this morning too (feel so much better. lol)... paid $57 and get a cut every 4-5 weeks too. You won't pay much less here (most places $60+ for a ladies trim). Well actually you can pay $20 at one place... but you can't get same hairdresser and you pay for what you get (bad haircut).

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
well I had my hair cut this morning too (feel so much better. lol)... paid $57 and get a cut every 4-5 weeks too. You won't pay much less here (most places $60+ for a ladies trim). Well actually you can pay $20 at one place... but you can't get same hairdresser and you pay for what you get (bad haircut).
My daughter just got a coupon for "free cut with colour" and took advantage of that because she wanted to colour hers... $75.

I'm glad I'm a guy.

O

·
0 Posts
$75 isn't too bad actually Beefy (mind you I haven't checked Canadian $ to Aust $... but probably not far off).... my next appointment is cut & colour (don't get colour that often anyhow) and it's $150 and they reckon that's a special... I've been charged $225 before for that and I have short hair. The prices for ladies is so much more expensive here than mens cuts.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I get mine cut about every 6-8 weeks to maintain the shape. For the cut, and blow dry I pay around 70 dollars. But...my hair is long and she cuts it with a razor. I *much* prefer razor cuts to scissor cuts.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I get mine cut about every 6-8 weeks to maintain the shape. For the cut, and blow dry I pay around 70 dollars. But...my hair is long and she cuts it with a razor. I *much* prefer razor cuts to scissor cuts.
My former sister-in-law took care of my hair gratis for many years when I was married to her brother & even for a little while after the divorce. She always did a razor cut, and it always looked so smooth. I still wear essentially the same style, but nobody around here does the razor cut. 'Course now my hair is gray and coarse - it prob'ly wouldn't look the same even if she herself cut it again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've accepted my receding hairline and started shaving it all off. It's free and cool in the Aussie sunshine.
Not so good for Canada though I bet. Don't you live in hats most of the year anyway???:D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I feel like a new woman! Hair cut, permed and colored light blonde. I have been wanting to go totally blonde for sometime but hadn't done so in 20 years. Even got my eyebrows lightened, (whisper....Don't tell anyone because that is not allowed by Ohio law) I have never been able to figure that out though, cosmotologist's can easily change the color of your eyebrows with a little bleach or just putting color on your eye brows and they know how much to put on and how long to leave it on, but it is sill against the law in Ohio. You can go blind if you get hair color or bleach in your eyes. but trying to color or bleach them yourself can be more of a problem. Oh well, just call me James Blonde! :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Alberta is a province (kind of like Ohio is a state) in Canada. The province is large, about the size of Texas, with just under 4 million people living in it. Most of the people are in 2 main metropolitan areas, Calgary and Edmonton.

Our big claim to fame here in Alberta is Oil. We supply more oil to the USA than any other country in the world, including the Middle East. In fact,in our province alone we have the 2nd largest oil reserves of any country in the world, after only Saudi Arabia.

I live in a small suburb of Calgary. My city has about 40,000 people whereas Calgary has just over a million.

The Calgary area is notoriously expensive to live in. Everything costs more here than all of Canada (except that Real Estate in Toronto and Vancouver is priced higher.)

So yeah, it's a ripoff.

You think the haircut cost is bad, you should see the grocery stores. $8.99 for a frozen pizza? It's that retarded. Even Wal-Mart overprices here, because everyone does. I've paid $11 for a bag of cherries before. Same for grapes. The only things cheap are the starchy carbs, roflmao.
$8.99 for a frozen pizza? Gee, that is crazy. I think I'd be looking for somewhere else to live unless most of your relatives live close.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My daughter just got a coupon for "free cut with colour" and took advantage of that because she wanted to colour hers... $75.

I'm glad I'm a guy.
Wow....I paid $60.00 for everything, a perm, color, cut, eyebrow tint and a small tube of hair conditioner.

Hey beefy, better start saving now for your daughter's wedding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am the horrid cheapskate here. I color my hair at home, usually either pick up my color at the dollar store or use coupons and get the coloring almost free at Walgreens.

I also cut my own hair. I go to the salon to get it evened out, but it does not look too bad. (Actually, I had always wanted it cut pageboy and no one ever would cut it that style...I hacked at my hair and it came out good! LOL)

My indulgence is, once every 2 months or so, to have someone wax my brows and upper lip. I know it is time to be done when I begin to look like an 18th century Russian Author with a Fu Manchu! LOL

:Droxanne aka missinformation:D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am the horrid cheapskate here. I color my hair at home, usually either pick up my color at the dollar store or use coupons and get the coloring almost free at Walgreens.

I also cut my own hair. I go to the salon to get it evened out, but it does not look too bad. (Actually, I had always wanted it cut pageboy and no one ever would cut it that style...I hacked at my hair and it came out good! LOL)

My indulgence is, once every 2 months or so, to have someone wax my brows and upper lip. I know it is time to be done when I begin to look like an 18th century Russian Author with a Fu Manchu! LOL

:Droxanne aka missinformation:D
Doing your own thing at home is good. I have never had much luck in doing my own hair. Gosh, I have a good waxing every so often, but I have never gotten used to when they rip the wax off your upper lip and eye brows. :hurt:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Miss Breeze, it is not so bad once you are used to it. I prefer not to go to the nail salon to have it done though. They seem to derive a little too much pleasure in ripping off the wax!

I just hate it when the other patrons stare at you and make that ouchie face when you are going to get it done.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts