The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I used a shampoo with biotin in it and I took extra biotin for awhile and that seemed to reverse the hair loss for now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
whatever the doctors say or tests reveal, but hairloss is connected to diabetes. Diabetes is also harmonal imbalance, and any such imbalances result in hairloss, dryskin or ichiosis. Only remedy is fight it with extra vitamins of A and D, moisturisers, good diet with lots of fluids , fruits and salads. I am fighting hairloss after starting my rapidaction insulin Apidra. My doctor prescribed VB7 forte/Trichoton for 10days and told me to continue if its helping me. Its nothing but extra vitimin Bcomplex...followed by oilmassage with coconut oil(warm) twice a week before shampooing. I am 54yrs old, new hair may not come but it has stopped falling right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can disagree with me if you want to. All I know is that after I started on my metformin I expierenced hair loss. I am 55 years old and never had that problem before. I went off the metormin in October and my hair has grown back. So I am convinced that this is a result of the medication. I am not saying that everyone will have this side effect, but I most certianly did.

whatever the doctors say or tests reveal, but hairloss is connected to diabetes. Diabetes is also harmonal imbalance, and any such imbalances result in hairloss, dryskin or ichiosis. Only remedy is fight it with extra vitamins of A and D, moisturisers, good diet with lots of fluids , fruits and salads. I am fighting hairloss after starting my rapidaction insulin Apidra. My doctor prescribed VB7 forte/Trichoton for 10days and told me to continue if its helping me. Its nothing but extra vitimin Bcomplex...followed by oilmassage with coconut oil(warm) twice a week before shampooing. I am 54yrs old, new hair may not come but it has stopped falling right now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can disagree with me if you want to. All I know is that after I started on my metformin I expierenced hair loss. I am 55 years old and never had that problem before. I went off the metormin in October and my hair has grown back. So I am convinced that this is a result of the medication. I am not saying that everyone will have this side effect, but I most certianly did.
Hi joanne, all these tablets we are taking will definitely act on our body. everybody's reaction will be different. I have been taking metformin since 15 yrs and never had this problem. sometimes our genes also play havoc. Generally they come out at the time of our menopause or when we are exposed to a chronic health condition, when our immune system is at worst phase.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was diagnosed with this in spring of 2010. My levels were very low. 1st A1C was 6.1. My new doctor insisted on putting me on metformin and that is when I experience my hair loss. Been off the meds for 3 months hair grew back the curl came back. Using diet and exercise to try to keep it under control. I have my next A1C this month so we will see how I have done.
Hi Joanne, how much metforim were you taking each day, and what dosage. I wonder if its dose related, the hair loss?

So glad your hair is coming back:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there.

I don't have diabetes, but when searching on Google for hair loss forums this thread came up and I just thought it would be interesting to speak to some others who have experienced hair loss.

I am considering buying a human hair wig, but would like a professionally fitted, preferably ethically sourced piece.

Does anyone have any experience in wigs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't actually have diabetes, but am suffering hair loss and found this forum via Google. I was just hoping to speak to anyone that knows about human hair wigs as I am seriously considering this... Any tips please?
Thanks alot

21 - 28 of 28 Posts