The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Lily, I'm not sure if you mean actress Halle Berry's self-disclosed "cure" for her diabetes, but this article (from ten years ago) puts some perspective on the situation. It appears Ms. Berry has plain ol' Type 2 diabetes that was misdiagnosed at first.

Berry taking herself off insulin therapy has nothing to do with how she eats. If she truly were Type 1 (as initially diagnosed), her body would not be making any insulin and she would not be around decades later to make movies and bear children.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lily, I'm not sure if you mean actress Halle Berry's self-disclosed "cure" for her diabetes, but this article (from ten years ago) puts some perspective on the situation. It appears Ms. Berry has plain ol' Type 2 diabetes that was misdiagnosed at first.

Berry taking herself off insulin therapy has nothing to do with how she eats. If she truly were Type 1 (as initially diagnosed), her body would not be making any insulin and she would not be around decades later to make movies and bear children.
Thank you itissteve, I copied the name from another post and wondered if it was Halle Berry the actress
I will go and read it ...thanks x

Ps : ups noticed I posted this is recipes..tried to delete but it wouldn't let me

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Thank you itissteve, I copied the name from another post and wondered if it was Halle Berry the actress
I will go and read it ...thanks x

Ps : ups noticed I posted this is recipes..tried to delete but it wouldn't let me
Heh. And I left it here because I thought you were asking about what Berry ate to "cure" her T1 diabetes.... :smile2:

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Back then, if a diabetic needed insulin, it was assumed they were Type 1. We now have definitive tests for Type 1, but the assumption still persists. Most people don't really know much about diabetes and even less about the difference between T1 and T2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts