The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on day 3 of splitting my Levemir. I was doing 10U at night. I asked the CDE how to split it and she and the doc said 7 / 3. When I tried it last ?July? I ran high day and night. But now it is going well so far at 8 / 2 -- and using less Novolog at dinner. Weird, huh? ONE UNIT makes a difference? Or perhaps the time ... my insulin production has changed?

What an unusual and satisfying day: fasting: 99 pre-lunch:95 dinner:92 3 hr post dinner: 93 ... bragging? yes. But this is sooooo not normal for me!

Novolog total dose yesterday: 6U

I am just so amazed by this ... keeping the 8 / 2 split! Perseverance paid off -- but I only have one month before my next A1c.

So now, I wonder if that mythic "sweet spot" that a certain banned someone claimed to have discovered might be REAL?

BTW, having LADA, I know this is not a "forever" thing, but instead a high point on a bumpy, winding road. Still and all ... I will enjoy it down here, while it lasts!

·
Registered
690 Posts
EXACTLY, Shanny -- OMG what if he was right ... about ANYthing? :shocked:
Did I miss the excitement of someone being banned???? I miss all the fun!

On the other hand, congrats!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, not HERE ... well, maybe he was here under another name, but two OTHER forums, for sure.

Anyhow, SIGH. I hit a 143 after lunch today, not sure why, it was my same ol' lunch ...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oh, not HERE ... well, maybe he was here under another name, but two OTHER forums, for sure.

Anyhow, SIGH. I hit a 143 after lunch today, not sure why, it was my same ol' lunch ...
Well, that stinks (about the 143). I accidentally drank my husband's coffee this morning. He uses a lot of fat free french vanilla creamer and little bit of coffee. Needless to say, an hour later and not feeling so spoofy, I tested at a 136. :(

Reactions: foxl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts