The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
;)Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I hope you enjoy your day. Drive safe if you will be visiting friends and family! ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I almost overdid the bird itself! Since it's only us old hermits, we roasted a chicken, and I put it in after everything else was done since it would only take a couple hours to cook. THEN I kicked back & took a nap. When I wakened smelling COOKED chicken, I raced to the oven & boy - just in the nick of time! Who'd have ever guessed my "nose knows"?! lol! But if I hadn't trusted my nose instead of the clock, we'd have had one tough dried-out bird! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost overdid the bird itself! Since it's only us old hermits, we roasted a chicken, and I put it in after everything else was done since it would only take a couple hours to cook. THEN I kicked back & took a nap. When I wakened smelling COOKED chicken, I raced to the oven & boy - just in the nick of time! Who'd have ever guessed my "nose knows"?! lol! But if I hadn't trusted my nose instead of the clock, we'd have had one tough dried-out bird! :rolleyes:
Hey, you old "hermit", how was the chicken? :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was okay, Breeze . . . wish you'd have been here to share with us! :)
Gosh Shanny....I would have loved to share Thanksgiving with you! I know you can cook and would love to have tasted your pie! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts