The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem to be the perfect snack/dinner food for us. I KNOW how to make them, BUT I DON"T know how to make them real appetizing.

How do you all eat them besides the traaditional way of sprinkling some salt on them?

Reactions: Strawberry

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Deviled eggs? A little mayo, mustard, paprika go a long way in bringing them to life.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Me I bite off about half, sprinkle some salt, pepper, then fill the void with as much Tobasco hot sauce I can get on it, shove the whole thing in my mouth.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I can not eat them plain unless they are chopped up in a Cobb salad or deviled. I haven't made egg salad for years, but I used to live on it when we were first married.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I love hard boiled eggs, and eat them
-with lots of butter
- wrapped in ham
-in a shrimp/ham,tuna-salad (mayonnaise, egg, and maybe some herbs together with shrimp or whatever you choose)
-in a soup
-or just as they are (super food to bring for lunch)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm not a big fan of hardboiled eggs. However, I was over at my gf's aunt's house and she put some in the middle of her meat loaf. It wasn't entirely terrible.

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I used to like eggs. Then I was dx and ate too many in a short period of time while I was figuring out what was safe food to eat. Now I can barely face them. I hope that will pass in time. :p

·
Registered
513 Posts
My favourite memory was curried eggs in a coleslaw type salad.
Will have to try and find a recipe for that somewhere.
also remember pickled eggs from when I was a kid but don't remember them LoL probably for a good reason.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Thanks for bringing up that memory. Years ago a friend used to soak boiled eggs in the 'juice' pickled beets came in and I loved them...nice and tart and a beautiful color. Now, for someone to eat the pickled beets out of the jar...hmm, wonder what amt of sugar is in that juice?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Soup? What kind? The only way I've ever had them in soup was Chinese...

In a tomato soup they are fantastic and also if I make a spicy mexicaninspired soup we chop hard boiled egg and have in when we eat.
Even in beansoup it is good with egg (and bacon in small pieces)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I think I'll start looking for pickled egg recipes. I remember using the juice of dill pickles, or garlic dills or hot garlic dills, as well as beets . . . I think I've seen recipes online for pickled egg brine - this could get really interesting! :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
I used to like eggs. Then I was dx and ate too many in a short period of time while I was figuring out what was safe food to eat. Now I can barely face them. I hope that will pass in time. :p
I was very similar with tinned fish, can't stomach them now :pound:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not a big fan of hardboiled eggs. However, I was over at my gf's aunt's house and she put some in the middle of her meat loaf. It wasn't entirely terrible.
Isn't that the "meat" version of New Orleans' "King Cake".? If you got the yoke, maybe you won a prize.

Reactions: Patdart
A

·
0 Posts
I've never liked egg whites much except in meringue, which I can no longer eat. After diagnosis, I started making an omelette for breakfast, and now I enjoy it. I have to make sure I beat the eggs thoroughly, and I have a good source of properly-smoked bacon now, as well as adding plenty of cheese. I combine the cheese with the beaten eggs before pouring into the pan, so that the melted cheese is properly mixed with the egg. Then I add the pre-fried bacon. I can hardly taste the egg at all any more...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts