The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you heard about Hardee's low carb cheeseburger, it has a 1/3 lb. charbroiled beef patty, American cheese, tomato, red onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo and dill pickles all wrapped in whole-leaf iceberg lettuce.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Here's the breakdown on that - it packs a wallop in a few other areas, but the carbs aren't too bad . . . ;)
Hardee's® Low Carb Thickburger®
Serving size: 274g
calories: 470
calories from fat: 320
total fat: 36g
saturated fat: 13g
cholesterol: 90g
sodium: 1050mg
total carbs: 9g
dietary fiber: 1g
sugars: 6g
protein: 28g

·
Registered
561 Posts
Carl's Jr. (Hardee's west coast equivalent) has had that on their menu for at least a few years. It's decent. The lower quality of the meat is more detectable without the bun, but for fast food it's enjoyable.

I'm glad that there are options out there for us low carbers. I hate going to restaurants and having to dissect my meal like a science experiment in front of everyone. :) It's nice to be able to get your meal as is sometimes, you know?

Jimmy John's has something called the "unwich," which is the innards of any one of its sandwiches wrapped in a lettuce leaf.

Shanny - Thanks for that! I'd always order it without tomatoes or ketchup to cut back on the carbohydrates. There's no way I am giving up onions and pickles!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
In Califonia, In and Out does any of their burgers "protein style" which is the same thing, wrapped in lettuce instead of bread.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I haven't seen that in Ohio but I usually just order a burger without the ketchup and take it off the roll. Finally the rest of the world is coming around to the evils of bread. Usually 1/4 pounder is more than enough meat for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts