The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that Magnetic Insoles increase circulation and help with healing for feet.

Has anyone tried these for foot pain or Neuropathy? I am thinking of ordering some.

·
Registered
930 Posts
In my opinion:

What we have here is the power of belief combined with the need to believe. The advantage here is that you know that they are there helping you unlike your doctor's magic sugar pill that you can't remember whether you took or not. It has been said that 80% of medical prescriptions are in effect placebos that often work and faith is a very powerful force.

And for many people, the more they pay for it the better it works. An aspirin with a fancy name that cost $20 each just has to be better than a generic aspirin that cost $3 per bottle of 100.

Just remember the last delicious meal you ate, got it? Now remember the pain relief you got from taking Vicodin(Hydrocodone).

Also almost any stimulation will improve circulation.

ColaJim

I have read that Magnetic Insoles increase circulation and help with healing for feet.

Has anyone tried these for foot pain or Neuropathy? I am thinking of ordering some.

G

·
In my opinion:

What we have here is the power of belief combined with the need to believe. The advantage here is that you know that they are there helping you unlike your doctor's magic sugar pill that you can't remember whether you took or not. It has been said that 80% of medical prescriptions are in effect placebos that often work and faith is a very powerful force.
WRT to placebos, I believe you. However, WRT the magnets, I'm not quite so sure. A few years ago, my arthritic dog needed a new bed. She'd been on Cartrophen for a couple of years and was just about due for her annual injection. At the pet shop, I noticed a foam bed with magnets attached to it, at an attractive price. It was just her size, so with a 'what the heck', I bought it. Note that I come from a family of scientists - my father was an electrical engineer, my brother is a dentist and my sister is a microbiologist. My mother (a teacher) and I (a librarian) are out of the norm, although I did a lot of science at high school.

Anyway, the dog showed almost instant improvement. She was an Australian cattle dog, and as such very active. She was much freer in her movements and obviously almost, if not entirely, pain free. For three years after that she didn't need the Cartrophen injections, although I put her back on them after that as her age and damaged joints made it necessary. The vet and I had a few heated discussions on this, but he had no answer to my question as to why, as a dog can't 'believe' that the magnets were helping her, she showed so much improvement after she started sleeping on a bed with magnets in it.

A friend tried this as well with her older dog and noticed the same improvement. I warned her that I was only going on my experience with one dog but she decided to take the risk.

FWIW.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It probably doesn't hurt to try them. I have tried some of those bracelets with magnets and they didn't work. The only thing that helped the pain in my feet is orthaheel insole orthodics and lots of walking to improve circulation.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Just Joking! Tinfoil Hat Time

Just Joking!

"but he had no answer to my question as to why, as a dog can't 'believe' that the magnets were helping her"

Oh yeah! (my snappy comeback) :p

" as a dog can't 'believe' "

Then why will a dog often sit in it's master's chair when it's master is away?

You made a caring jester to her, letting her know that she is valued, a very powerful force.

Please bear in mind that I use "Ringing Electromagnetic Pulsers" at 10 joules, 200 microseconds to 150 joules, 3000 microseconds. I used the 10 joules to stimulate my toes back to health and to block the pain of tooth aches. I use 150 joules to negate the arthritic pain in my knees. But please note that these are dynamic fields and not static fields like a permanent magnet.

WRT to placebos, I believe you. However, WRT the magnets, I'm not quite so sure. A few years ago, my arthritic dog needed a new bed. She'd been on Cartrophen for a couple of years and was just about due for her annual injection. At the pet shop, I noticed a foam bed with magnets attached to it, at an attractive price. It was just her size, so with a 'what the heck', I bought it. Note that I come from a family of scientists - my father was an electrical engineer, my brother is a dentist and my sister is a microbiologist. My mother (a teacher) and I (a librarian) are out of the norm, although I did a lot of science at high school.

Anyway, the dog showed almost instant improvement. She was an Australian cattle dog, and as such very active. She was much freer in her movements and obviously almost, if not entirely, pain free. For three years after that she didn't need the Cartrophen injections, although I put her back on them after that as her age and damaged joints made it necessary. The vet and I had a few heated discussions on this, but he had no answer to my question as to why, as a dog can't 'believe' that the magnets were helping her, she showed so much improvement after she started sleeping on a bed with magnets in it.

A friend tried this as well with her older dog and noticed the same improvement. I warned her that I was only going on my experience with one dog but she decided to take the risk.

FWIW.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can't say about the magnetic pain relievers. What makes my feet feel better, is deep mesage.

A reflexology trick I learned....is to use a thick glass empty pop bottle for message. Lay the bottle on the carpet and while seated I rub my feet over the rolling bottle with increasing weight.

AT FIRST IT'S NOT REAL COMFORTABLE but after a couple of daily treatments it becomes easier. Ultimately I'm ready to take my wife Spiderwalking at the monthly saturday night dance at the bingo hall.

Ask your doctor about it.

Tal~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts