The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in Netrition they carried two brands, Bob's & Sensato's. I have tried Bob's and find it not to be consistent from bag to bag in size of the flour i.e. it's not ground the same sized from batch to batch.

Has anyone tried Sensato's...? It's a little cheaper...:rolleyes:

Sensato Almond Meal / Flour

bugg:pcheap is good...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
There is a big difference between Almond Meal and Blanched almond flour. The almond meal is ground with the skins on. The Blanced flour is not. I use the Almond meal because it is cheaper and it works fine in most of my recipes. I get it at Trader Joes for $3.99 a pound. I've seen some specific recipes that call for the blanched almond flour so I just bought a few bags from Honeyville Foods :: Food Storage & Bakery Supplies last time they had a special.

Reactions: Bugg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Haven't tried their almond flour, but the erythritol I use is that brand & we're happy with it.
Same here Shanny. Have not tried their almond flour because the grocery store where we usually shop sells Bobs Red Mill Almond meal.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Haven't tried that brand as well, but it looks interesting. I usually grind up my own from blanched almonds in the food processor. There is a difference between Almond Meal and Almond Flour. Almond Meal is ground up Almonds, Almond flour is ground up Almonds that have had most of the oil removed from them thru processing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts