The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Type 2 oral meds stopped working?

Been type 2 for about 10 years, been able to control Ha1c with oral meds the whole time in a range of 6-7. Fell off the wagon for a few months and was missing doses of meds plus not eating right. Ha1c recently checked at 11.9. Maxed out on currently on glipizide, avandia and doc just added low dose of metformin. Been consistant on all 3 for almost a week and sugars are from 180-250 during the day while maintaining a high protein low carb diet. Am I headed towards the syringe?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Am I headed towards the syringe?
Yes unfortunately. You may have maxed the amount of drugs that you take and it's not helping in your war with this disease. Insulin is not a drug as it's a hormone and this will be better for you in keeping the BG's to the happy level. This will take time to master and it will respond to your body FAST!!! unlike the metaformin winch takes weeks to work.
Also, Don't feel that you have failed beacuse you take insulin and you will feel better. :D

J

·
0 Posts
It certainly sounds like it. talk to your dr. and see what he/she says. If your doctor does put you on insulin, don't worry about it, the shots don't hurt, and you'll be better off BG wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts