The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did today.
I`m the type of person that seldom becomes angry, and it is even more seldom someone see me really mad.
But today I got mad. Really furious mad.
My BG jumped from 4,3 to 8,2 immediately, but a little hour later it dropped down to 4,4 again.
I didn`eat, drink or do anything before the BG peaked or while it was high, so my houseband laughed a little and said if I ever gets hypo and dont have something to eat, he will just yell at me to make me really furious again:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
I know for me stress makes my numbers go up...anger is stressful that's for sure...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm like you - I almost never get really mad anymore. But the last time I did, I wouldn't even have thought to test - but I DID race out the door and stomp up the road about half a mile getting cooled off. I guess by the time I walked back (at a slightly slower pace - ;)) the exercise had prob'ly dropped my BG.

I really hate getting that worked up - it takes a lot outta me - but once in a great while something just trips my trigger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ive noticed it myself, stress and anger cause mine to shoot up, bad thing is thats all my job is, people trying to stress me out and piss me off.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive noticed it myself, stress and anger cause mine to shoot up, bad thing is thats all my job is, people trying to stress me out and piss me off.
Does not sound like a nice job especially if it gets your BG high.:hug:
What kind of job is it?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm like you - I almost never get really mad anymore. But the last time I did, I wouldn't even have thought to test - but I DID race out the door and stomp up the road about half a mile getting cooled off. I guess by the time I walked back (at a slightly slower pace - ;)) the exercise had prob'ly dropped my BG.

I really hate getting that worked up - it takes a lot outta me - but once in a great while something just trips my trigger.
You`re right, you are like me.:)
Last time I was this mad happened 3 years ago, and I had to get the anger out; first I run with our old dog until he wanted to go home :shocked: and when I got home I still had enough anger to make some perfect bread......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know for me stress makes my numbers go up...anger is stressful that's for sure...
But it is good to know if we ever gets hypo and dont have anything to drink or eat right there......all we have to do is start a fight and hope for the best :rolleyes:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
my highest reading since diagnosis was after having an argument with my ex

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Any type of stress hormones will push up bgs. This can happen when you get upset, angry, when you become ill or if you are in a dangerous situation. This is the old, " Fight and Flight" syndrome. Your body is determined to keep you alive when that Tiger is chasing you, so it produces these hormones which signal liver to dump glucose giving you the energy to deal with the situation. If we didn't test we would never know what is happening with bgs.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well let's see, I've had a cold AND was dealing with major stress last week. Numbers were up and down. However, I believe on Thursday, I barely ate anything and my numbers were in mid-200's because of stress.
Shanny, I'm like you. When things get really stressful and I'm raging or full of anger, I just need to get away from the situation so I typically leave too and go for a drive or something to relax. It is my meditation.
Ah, gotta love anger and stress. Let's you know you are certainly alive~!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts