The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha, I am new to this Forum, but was DX'd Type 2 In 1996. I have managed to keep my A1c's under 7 all these years, but it takes effort and an open-mindedness' add meds as the condition progresses. I am now on Metformin and Victozia.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Aloha nui loa, Jolene! :welcome:

Grab a seat and stick around. I'm sure others will gather shortly. If not, please start a new thread!

Small World Time: I grew up on O'ahu. Pearl City, mostly. Been on the Islands long?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have managed to keep my A1c's under 7 all these years, but it takes effort and an open-mindedness' add meds as the condition progresses. I am now on Metformin and Victozia.
Hi, Jolene. It sounds like you might have one of those doctors who say as long as you keep your A1c at or below 7.0, you're doing fine. Unfortunately, as you have said, your diabetes continues to progress and your medicine increases. If you look at the signitures below our posts, you will see that most of us keep our A1c in the 5% range. We do that so our diabetes does not progress and so we don't end up with any of those diabetic complications. Some have managed to decrease or even eleminate their diabetic meds and/or insulin and reverse neuropathy and eye problems by doing this.

Some of us consider Blood Sugar 101 to be our diabetic bible and we try to send our newbies there to do some reading. I'm sure you will find this site to be very helpful and informative.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.