The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So christmas morning i woke up and my right foot was KILLING ME!!! I could barely walk....next few days it got really bad...its bruised all around the bone in my ankle...and unless i was sleep walking i didn't hit it on anything or fall. i've been keeping it wrapped and icing it and taking ibuprofen and keeping it elevated. I've been missing work because it hurts to the point of tears to walk and i work in a very busy coffee shop where there is no chance of sitting. It has also made for a very hard time taking care of my boys. This really sucks to as far as i haven't been able to work out and i've been having to sit in one spot and i don't do well sitting still. any ideas what might be going on??? just a fluke? :(:confused:

B

·
0 Posts
The quick bruising tells me that something traumatic happened to your ankle. There's the possibility that this has been building up over time and all it took was a wrong twist in bed to push it over the edge. It sounds like a sprain...they hurt the most. The doctor may take x-rays to pacify you and eliminate a possible break...but I'm leaning towards the sprain and how that came about.

Does any part of your "workout" focus on your ankles, like power walking, treadmill, skipping rope, running, kicking the kids in their butts? Well, maybe not that last one! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Okie dokie...I just looked at your album, you with those free weights all like over your head and stuff. Yeah, no pressure on those ankles! *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so back from the ER and they said its just a really really bad sprang and gave me crutches and vicodin.....that was after they made me gimp back and forth between the waiting room and the back 5 different times:mad:.......uhhhh did you not read my chart....i'm in here because i can't walk!!! lol just glad its not broken!!:D so looks like i'm rocking new years eve with crutches! what a way to bring in the new year

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Whatta bummer, but as you say - so glad nothing's broken. Be sure & don't push it - give it time to heal completely; you don't want a weak ankle dogging your crossfit training for the rest of your life. (((Princess)))

Oh - and a word from the old-mother-hen in me . . . be careful with certain celebrating modes when you're on vicodin.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatta bummer, but as you say - so glad nothing's broken. Be sure & don't push it - give it time to heal completely; you don't want a weak ankle dogging your crossfit training for the rest of your life. (((Princess)))
Thank you Shanny, i'm just happy to have the crutches because thats a workout all in itself and it means i dont have to keep sitting on the couch which has been killing me! really didn't want to go to the doc but i dont mess around with my feet....i want to keep them

·
Registered
165 Posts
whew! not a great diagnosis but could have been worse. mend up quick

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My son played competitive tennis in high school and college and has had numerous sprains. I think sometimes they hurt worse than breaks. But they do heal quicker. Here's to a quick recovery. I think all it takes is rolling your ankle sometimes to give you a sprain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts