The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on friday me and my sweet wife will be heading to Peru for a couple of weeks. Im sure there will be many challenges in trying to manage our diets.

·
Registered
741 Posts
have the bestest time!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year I went and helped to build a church and teach at a bible school deep in the amazon jungle. It was so much fun. This year I am going with my wife and teaching at a pastors conference.

The amazon river area is so cool

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We went to Argentina a couple of years ago to visit my daughter who was studying there. I found I did much better with my diet than I thought I would. I found lots of meat to eat and I did bring a whole bunch of protein bars to eat in between meals. My only problem was their meal schedule. They tend to eat dinner very late and that didn't work great for me. I also found I was walking lots more which made up for the few treats I did eat. Sounds like a great trip.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I LOVED Peru in 1987! And the restaurant food should be healthier than US restaurants. Better portion sizes, and more flexible in ordering a la carte!

As a vegetarian, I worried about what to eat. Till I tried ordering aguacate naturale, and was brought a lovely green-skinned thing the size of a football! YUMMMY!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts