The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Their statistics claim that diabetics taking more insulin than 60 units/day will die sooner so why should we insure them. I had nothing to say to disprove those figures. Stats don't lie.
It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

SunniD

and why would one die sooner if he needs more than 60 units a day? I'm above that number now, but I do need that amoutn of insulin. This is scary information, since I know many type 2's that use more than 120 units a day....I'm a type 1 myself

· Registered
211 Posts
I believe it to be real strange that doctors and dietitians in Belgium are not convinced that low carb is better for diabetics. One dietitian wanted me to have 220 gr carbs a day. I knew better from your stories and especially Richard's. Nowadays I eat about 100 gr a day, snacks included. I feel much better.

Our doctors say we need those carbs to have energy and we shouldn't have low carb diets.

I know my body feels better and I feel better on low carb food, although I miss the bread and the potatoes, rice and pasta quite a bit. But they spike my BG and I have needed 85 units of insulin a day since diagnosis and that has not lowered. If I would eat 220 gr carbs a day, I don't even want to count the amount of insulin that would be..:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.