The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this but this forum says to discuss anything so will put here.:)

I am interested in getting a good heart rate monitor to wear when working out. My work outs in the summer typically is riding a bike so I kind of wanted something to keep track of my miles also but am finding that is an expensive option and really don't need the miles because I have a program on my cell phone.

So really looking for something when at the gym riding the stationary bikes, treadmills and riding my bike in the summer. What is every one else using here. My searches has only confused me.

B

·
0 Posts
Don't have a meter, I'm at that point in life where I'm just glad my heart's still beating. As to a nice, cheap monitor...I think Timex makes one for about $35.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not sure where to put this but this forum says to discuss anything so will put here.:)

I am interested in getting a good heart rate monitor to wear when working out. My work outs in the summer typically is riding a bike so I kind of wanted something to keep track of my miles also but am finding that is an expensive option and really don't need the miles because I have a program on my cell phone.

So really looking for something when at the gym riding the stationary bikes, treadmills and riding my bike in the summer. What is every one else using here. My searches has only confused me.
Garmin is the one that makes a really nice one but like you said they are pricey. Some day when I have 700 dolars I don't know what to do with I will get one. They do make one that is about 300 though

·
Registered
165 Posts
polar and garmin are both good brands both have many variations can be super simple w/ only HR data and some are fancy w/ HR, gps and elevation stuff. think amazon or walmart has a sale on garmin 305 for around $140 which is a good price for one w/ HR and GPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts