The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:humble: I am going to get one of those cream whippers lol.

I whip the cream for my coffee. I have 2 big mugs. Then I have that whipped cream/cocoa thing at night.

yup I am lazy I admit it .

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Do you have a Magic Bullet mini blender. They are fantastic for whipping cream. My daughter makes all sorts of lattes with it. I usually put the cream in and a splash of Davinci sugar free syrup and with a push of a button you have whipped cream. You can also store it in the blender containers because it comes with extra containers and lids.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have a Magic Bullet and I use it to made sugar free instant pudding with either Almond Milk or Coconut Milk. I made some chocolate with coconut milk the other night and it tasted like a Mounds bar! Yum! Of course when you use almond or coconut milk it does not set like regular pudding will, but it gets all nice and creamy; kind of like a malt/milkshake that is thin.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Does the DaVinci syrup have the same basic structure as Splenda? I cannot do splenda, so I use Equal (I know, I know, aspartame is the devil's potion, but it's the only one I can deal with gastrointestinally). Let me know if you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The Davinci and Torani syrup have liquid splenda in them. Another thing you can use is a few shakes of Crystal Light in your whipped cream. Sometimes I will mix some greek yogur, sour cream and a little whipped cream and a little Crystal light. Whip it up in the magic bullet and you get a delicious mousse. For the whipped cream use the 2 part blade, not the 4 part blade.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You can google Magic Bullet and see what it looks like. When you buy it, it comes with 6 plastic mugs and 2 blender attachements that you screw on to the mugs and place on a base. Some sets also come with Juicers and bigger blenders to make magaritas. When I make a smoothie I just throw frozen berries and coconut milk and some whey powder in the mug, attach the blade and put it on the base and push. Voila you have a shake and can drink it right out of the mug. So cleanup is great and easy. It also comes with lids so you can store whatever you have blended in the fridge.

Reactions: Strawberry

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 'bullet' is a blender of sorts. I will sure look into it. I have been using a fork, I mean it works ok but anything to make it better is fine with me. I know my big blender doesn't whip cream & it would be pia cleaning that thing after each time . For 3T of cream ,not going there.lol

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You can google Magic Bullet and see what it looks like. When you buy it, it comes with 6 plastic mugs and 2 blender attachements that you screw on to the mugs and place on a base. Some sets also come with Juicers and bigger blenders to make magaritas. When I make a smoothie I just throw frozen berries and coconut milk and some whey powder in the mug, attach the blade and put it on the base and push. Voila you have a shake and can drink it right out of the mug. So cleanup is great and easy. It also comes with lids so you can store whatever you have blended in the fridge.
jwags ~ To make a smoothie, do I need to buy the set that includes the juicers? I already have a Oster blender. Easy cleanup is something I would definitely enjoy. I would also like the feature that lets me store whatever I have blended in the fridge for a quick breakfast in the morning. Yup...I'm lazy, not particularly fond of washing dishes just for a smoothie :)

Reactions: Carolina

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I like to whip a whole pint of cream at a time using my stand mixer so that I don't have to whip on demand for small jobs. It only lasts me about 2 days though... I love cream!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I use my magic bullet for all sorts of stuff. My oldest daughter has one at college and uses it to make protein smoothies with whey powder, berries, yogurt, low-fat milk...she loves it.
I use it for many things. It actually sits on my kitchen counter. I used it last night to mix up some corn starch and water to thicken juice from a roast I made. No lumps!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
HELP.......I have 'googled' Magic Bullet and come up with tons of hits. It seems like everyone is a different arrangement of pieces for sale. Being ignorant or thick headed, I don't know which one is the 'arrangement' I need for making smoothies or other stuff. Some of the sets for sale have 13, 17 or 25 pieces. Can anyone venture a guess as to which one is the basic set?

I can just see me doing the whipping cream thing to go with some sugar free jello........I will end up gobbling the cream and toss the jello .

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Criminy! I just Googled it myself & have now realized that there's also a film editing program called Magic Bullet or Magic Bullet Suite. Searching for Magic Bullet BLENDER will weed out a few of those hits, Strawberry. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts