The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Gary, welcome aboard! So you found it harder to stretch your muscles after becoming diabetic, is that right? I have that problem now that I am 69 but that is due to old age and arthritis.I don't think I hadthat problem when I was diagnosed at the age of 6 in 1945. I was type 1 and very skinny so flexability was not a problem. I think being overweight would make stretching more difficult. If you lose that weight you will probably regain your flexability and your diabetes will improve very much as well. If you can lose the weight and have good control you may be able to avoid taking medication for your insulin resistance for a long time. I know diabetics who did not lose enough weight and they had to start injecting insulin to have good control. Good luck to you!

Richard

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I am pleased to hear that you are active. I hope you keep going to the gym. Do you count how many grams of carbs you eat each day. Many diabetics do that and limit their carb intake to loseweight and keep from having high blood sugar. I eat an average of 130g of carbs per day. If you eat a lot of carbs then you have to take a lot of insulin to compensate. Reducung your carb intake will reduce the amount of insulin you need. Modern day insulins lead to weight gain unless we limit our carbs wisely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.