The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im a 38 year old male person thingy who has been diagnosed type2 for about 10 years now, although I often suspect it started much earlier than that but was never diagnosed until I got so tired of my old doctors incompetence and refusal to deal with various symptoms I changed to a new one.
I take the usual cocktail of metformin, glucor for blood sugar control and alluplurinol for gout, and until recently avandia, although Ive recently changed to xelevia but Ill put a post about that elsewhere.
I live in central europe (France at the moment) with my wife and 2 kids none of which have any diabetic symptoms thankfully and I quite often country hop for work purposes, and Im originally from the UK. So Ill have lots of fun converting various units between metric and imperial units, but no stranger to that :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Phil, welcome aboard! You are very experienced with Type 2, I hope you are doing well with your dieting and exercise. I also have gout attacks and use allopurinol. I am Type 1 but due to weight gain in the 1990's I became insulin resistant. A Type 1 with insulin resistance is a "double diabetic". I take avandia for the resistance and insulin for the Type 1. I hope you are doing well with your diabetes. Ask all the questions you want, we will do our best to help.

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.