Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Hello All !

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  HardBackStrider 
#1 ·
Hi I'm Rachael. I was only diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 3 months ago, so I am a newbie. I am 19 and still coming to terms with injecting myself with insulin three times a day for the rest of my life. I am also a student nurse, to be fully qualified in another year so the experience of injecting someone comes in handy :) lol xx

#2 ·
Welcome from a fellow newbie, Rachel! :welcome:

Glad you found us ... sorry you had to!

I like your take on things. Yup, diabetes would be a great training ground for a medical career!

You'll find lots of info and support here.

#3 ·
Hello, Rachael, and welcome to DF. Yes, it's a good profession you've chosen and there are never enough good nurses to go around!

You have a lot on your plate with this diagnosis coming right in your last year of studies, but you have a good attitude & you'll make it! We're here to prop you up if you get tired & weary sometimes . . . :hug:

Thank you for joining us! :D

#4 ·
Hiya Rachael...I'm sure you're going to find great support on the forum...I have. You sound like you have a great attitude and a medical background is sure to help a lot. My heart goes out to you being only 19 and having a medical issue that is so complex but perhaps because of it, you'll be healthier than a lot of other people and have life long good habits.

See you around :)

#5 ·
Rachel, I admire your attitude! Your background and training will help you very much. Maybe you will become a nurse that helps diabetics, that would be great.

I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and I am very healthy. I hope you will do well during your remaining year of training. If you have any questions, please ask!

Richard

#6 ·
Welcome!! This is such a great place for support and education.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.