The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

So, I'll share my quick introduction with you. I'm not new to diabetes, was (mis) diagnosed in 2005 at a Type 2. As the years went on, I struggled more and more. Only to learn this year that I am actually LADA (sometimes called Type 1.5).

Newly, completely, insulin dependant, also on metformin. So I'm sure I will have many questions about insulin as I go along. Having some major struggles getting the levels down... but it is slowly coming.

I look forward to meeting everyone and having some people to talk to about all of this!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You're in the right place, Thradia . . . we are all shapes, sizes, ages, genders & TYPES. :D Ask all the questions you want - if we don't know the answers, we know where to find 'em!
So glad you found us - I hope you can visit often. :welcome:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi and welcome to DF. It seems more and more D's are misdiagnosed as type 2's and really are LADA's. I'm sure Foxi will chime in, she recently went through the same thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi everyone!

So, I'll share my quick introduction with you. I'm not new to diabetes, was (mis) diagnosed in 2005 at a Type 2. As the years went on, I struggled more and more. Only to learn this year that I am actually LADA (sometimes called Type 1.5).

Newly, completely, insulin dependant, also on metformin. So I'm sure I will have many questions about insulin as I go along. Having some major struggles getting the levels down... but it is slowly coming.

I look forward to meeting everyone and having some people to talk to about all of this!
Hi and welcome to the site. You've come to the right place and you should get a lot of good information here.

Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts