The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,my name is Daniel,I'm 18 years old and I'm from Romania.
I am undiagnosed for the moment and I am willing to ask everyone a question before going to the doctor[today is Friday,can't go until Monday]: these are my symptoms: - constantly feeling dizzy
- feeling the urge to pee a lot [it doesn't hurt or anything,it is actually clean..the urine is white]
-not really hungry
- in this morning I felt very sick close to puking but didn't,it passed now
- a small pain in the left side of my waist.
So based on these things...do I have diabetes?..and if I do,at least until Monday, how can I make the dizzy feeling pass?:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the doctor & the lab tests will tell you that. Frequent urination alone, may or may not point to Diabetes. Could be a kidney stone.
Might be that too,even tough it scares me a lot more. Forgot to add at the symptom list the fact that I keep having temperature swings but only at my hands and feet.:sad:

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
There is no way to tell if you have diabetes. Why did diabetes occur to you? Does it run in your family? Have you any history of an irregular blood sugar reading?

We are not doctors and cannot diagnose why you are having dizziness or side pain. Please don't make any assumptions or create anxiety when you have no idea what the cause is.

Good luck - and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no way to tell if you have diabetes. Why did diabetes occur to you? Does it run in your family? Have you any history of an irregular blood sugar reading?

We are not doctors and cannot diagnose why you are having dizziness or side pain. Please don't make any assumptions or create anxiety when you have no idea what the cause is.

Good luck - and let us know how it goes.
Deeply sorry...it's just the fact that I got scared somehow and decided to ask questions until I go to the medic...to be somehow mentally prepared. I, myself, have somehow a sweet tooth.By that I mean...I eat A LOT of sweets...and never get sick or so...so I continue...and I assumed that ...after all this time of exceeding with sweets it might have had affected me in a way or so plus some of the symptoms might be signs.
But as you said...you aren't doctors to diagnose.Nevertheless I shall keep in touch with you all with the results and again I am very sorry for my question.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
One thing you can do is go to a discount pharmacy and pick up a blood glucose kit. Sometimes you can find these with a meter and strips and all other testing supplies for less than $30US. If you do this test immediately prior to eating and again at one and two hours after you start eating. Record all these readings and take them with you to the doctor.

If its not diabetes then you're only out money. If it is, then you've got a head start on getting things straight.

Good luck and let us know

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to our forum. None of us are doctors so cannot give you a diagnosis. Your symptoms could indicate a lot of medical problems. Getting a bg meter is a good idea. It is always a good idea to eat healthier and avoid the sweets and limit even some of the healthier carbs like grains . When you go to the doctor ask him to run a fasting blood test, HbA1c , a C Peptide test and a GAD antibody test. The results of these tests are the only way to tell if you are diabetic.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would bet my life that you are diabetic and that your blood glucose is over 500 and no meter is going to help you out but just say high. People are telling you to get all kinds of tests done that may not be available in Romania. You can always use the taste test and just see if your urine tastes sweet. If it does then there is a 99% chance that you have diabetes.

G

·
Hi Daniel,

I wonder if you can get to the doctor before Monday. You can get a meter and have a look at your blood glucose, and as Adjitater indicated it might be really high...and your meter may not even be able to give you a value. If that is the case, then you need to get medical attention.

If you can't get to the doctor right away, please stay hydrated at the very least. I suspect you are very hungry, and very thirsty along with being dizzy and having some pain. I had your very same symptoms (among others) when I was 18 years old, and I barely made it to the hospital. I was in DKA when I arrived and my body was wasted away. Keep us posted, and I am wishing you all the best.

Hello there,my name is Daniel,I'm 18 years old and I'm from Romania.
I am undiagnosed for the moment and I am willing to ask everyone a question before going to the doctor[today is Friday,can't go until Monday]: these are my symptoms: - constantly feeling dizzy
- feeling the urge to pee a lot [it doesn't hurt or anything,it is actually clean..the urine is white]
-not really hungry
- in this morning I felt very sick close to puking but didn't,it passed now
- a small pain in the left side of my waist.
So based on these things...do I have diabetes?..and if I do,at least until Monday, how can I make the dizzy feeling pass?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Nevertheless I shall keep in touch with you all with the results and again I am very sorry for my question.
No no - please no apology for the question which was perfectly reasonable! It's only we can't give you an answer based on a few type-written words, and I didn't want you to start fearing things at random before knowing what your symptoms mean. Once you know, you won't have to be afraid then either because you'll know what you're dealing with :)

Thanks in advance for keeping us posted.

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
Kidney stone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you again everyone for all the replies. Yesterday by the night I was feeling better...way way better.Today when I woke up compared to yesterday I was ok.Slightly lightheaded and a bit shaky [i was shaking]...after drinking a glass of milk symptoms started to mild down a bit.
I'll tell the results Monday after I come back from my doctor.
Thank you again for everything.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts