The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thirty four years ago, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I have gained rich experience in dealing with the disease from every aspect since that time, including the maintenance of a happy family, three successful pregnancies, two careers etc, all the while being physically and mentally balanced.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Iris, you have done a great job with your diabetes and you have accomplished so much! Congratulations! I hope you will join in and share your experience and help other members here. Welcome aboard!

I have been Type 1 for 64 years and was diagnosed in 1945 when I was 6. I am presently pumping insulin and doing very well. With good control we can have long, healthy lives.

Richard

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am amazed of you accomplish

Iris, you have done a great job with your diabetes and you have accomplished so much! Congratulations! I hope you will join in and share your experience and help other members here. Welcome aboard!

I have been Type 1 for 64 years and was diagnosed in 1945 when I was 6. I am presently pumping insulin and doing very well. With good control we can have long, healthy lives.

Richard
64 years of type .... :)

I hope I can support in the forum like in my everyday work. I am surprised sometimes to see that there are people who are not familiar with GI. Must say that it is more common with people that are facing diabetes for many years. They don't visit the doctor or dietitian any more and they are not familiar with the recent news (even if it known for the past 10 years).

Iris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.