The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Katrin. I am not diabetic, but my best friend has had this disease for many years. And it's like a torture to look at his sufferings. He has tried a lot of treatments but still failed to find anything effective. The disease is progressing day by day and he is in despair and can't enjoy life. I'm here to find some pieces of advice regarding diabetes and effective ways of the treatment which would help my friend.
Best

·
Registered
710 Posts
What's your friend's diet like? Limiting carbohydrate intake is the first line of defense for diabetes, and (sadly) a step many people are not willing to take. What meds is he supposed to take? If he's a T2 perhaps it's time to start insulin therapy. Let us know some more details so we can point you to the best resources.

Jen

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Hi Kat. Tell us more about him. Type? Age? etc

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My name is Katrin. I am not diabetic, but my best friend has had this disease for many years. And it's like a torture to look at his sufferings. He has tried a lot of treatments but still failed to find anything effective. The disease is progressing day by day and he is in despair and can't enjoy life. I'm here to find some pieces of advice regarding diabetes and effective ways of the treatment which would help my friend.
Best
Welcome to the forum! That is nice that you want to help your friend. Give us some details on how the diabetes is being managed. Once we know a little more, the better we will be able to give you our opinions and advice.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Katrin. I hope you'll return and give us a few more details . . . perhaps there are things your friend just refuses to sacrifice for control of his diabetes, but maybe with your support & our guidance, we can help him understand how important it is to eat right and take care of himself.

·
Registered
633 Posts
He should just go on a pump and say good bye to all his worries. LOL.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum

i hope that you visit us regularly. This is by far, THE best place for us diabetics to talk freely and openly about whats going on with us.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as i feel that there are no "dumb" questions

You can do this, you can.

-Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts