The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 47 years old woman, living in Mexico. By both family sides there's diabetic people, so I was almost expecting to get it sometime.

Right now, I have 4 years with it and it's going well so far. I exercise 5 days a week because I have diabetic workout groups in my city and let me tell you not only them are going well everytime but myself too.

We have a workout routine geared towards people with special needs or limited mobility and after 4 months, doctor said all the people is getting better related blood sugar levels and blood pressure too. I'm very excited because I'm helping them. :D

Keep moving people! :eek::D

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Welcome, Anad!

Maybe you'll share many of the exercise routines with us. I, for one, would love them too. I have problems which don't allow many exercises, but maybe your routines would help many of us.

Have a good seat and let us know more about you!

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello and welcome Anad *waves from Australia*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you!

hello and welcome Anad *waves from Australia*
Hello, thank you very much! I was just watching some diabetic tv show and it is funny, they were talking about Australia! I know this is a global epidemic situation and as you may know, Mexico is # 1 obese country :(

I send greetings from here too! :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
In mexico do they give you a diet or an eating plan to help with diabetes?

Most people in this forum chose to cut down on carbohydrates...what do you eat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome, Anad!

Maybe you'll share many of the exercise routines with us. I, for one, would love them too. I have problems which don't allow many exercises, but maybe your routines would help many of us.

Have a good seat and let us know more about you!

Hello! Absolutely! This is a chairaerobic routine, so everything is from a seated position. We use balls, balloons & canned food as props to make everything fun.

The routine emphasyses hip, arms and wrists exercises, because those are the most injuries among elderly people. Most of the people I have are diabetic + high blood pressure seniors, but I will start morbidly obese group next week.

As you may know, Mexico is # 1 obese country, not a very proud statistic for us, but we are working to make it down.

Greetings from Mexico! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In mexico do they give you a diet or an eating plan to help with diabetes?

Most people in this forum chose to cut down on carbohydrates...what do you eat?

Yes, we have nutrition lectures to help the groups.

We cut carbs in the first place, but also help them with new vegetarian recipes. Most of the people in Mexico likes spicy and flavorful meals, so as you can imagine, it's complicated to change habits, but step by step they are moving and growing to this.

I have regular meals. I take my medication and try not to eat a lot of sugar, but I must admit, I have cravings :(

·
Registered
741 Posts

Yes, we have nutrition lectures to help the groups.

We cut carbs in the first place, but also help them with new vegetarian recipes. Most of the people in Mexico likes spicy and flavorful meals, so as you can imagine, it's complicated to change habits, but step by step they are moving and growing to this.

I have regular meals. I take my medication and try not to eat a lot of sugar, but I must admit, I have cravings :(
thank you for that :) it's always interesting to know what other people are doing....I try to eat very low carb...I do eat some rhubarb...and some strawberries...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts