Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!
1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andayi 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I am very new to the forum,
I joined so that I could learn more about diabetes patients and also to know how you guys plan your diets.
If you have any question regarding diabetes recipes please ask below.
Have a great day:cheer2:

#4 ·
Hi, Andaiy.

I joined so that I could learn more about diabetes patients and also to know how you guys plan your diets.
Many of us eat low carb, high fat, LCHF for beginners which is more or less the Atkins diet.

If you have any question regarding diabetes recipes please ask below.
Are you offering to post some diabetic recipes for us?

Since you don't have diabetes, and since you called us 'diabetes patients' I'm curious to know why you want to learn more about us and our diets and whether you are a dietician, author, cookbook writer...

#7 ·
Our experience with 'diabetic' recipes is sketchy at best - they're usually way too high carb for our menus. Even the recipes from the ADA itself, are poor examples of diabetic recipes.

When we go looking, we look for low-carb recipes. How well do yours fit the low-carb criteria? Dishes that contain wheat flour or sugar are out of bounds, and many of us cannot/do not use grains of any kind - not corn, wheat, oats, rice, barley or other cereal grains. Milk and fruit are other iffy ingredients for us, so you can see why we are leery of accepting 'diabetic' recipes unless you are diabetic yourself. Most cookbooks don't have a clue what conscientious well-controlled diabetics can eat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.