The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I recently found out I have Type Two Diabetes. This was discovered by my heart doctor during a routine blood work. I am waiting on an appointment with the diabetic client in my local area. At this point I am all new this and wish I knew a lot more.
They said my blood count was 160. Told not to eat cereal, bread, pasta, potatoes, etc..... I see this is going to take a lot getting use too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Addition

Hello Everyone. I recently found out I have Type Two Diabetes. This was discovered by my heart doctor during a routine blood work. I am waiting on an appointment with the diabetic client in my local area. At this point I am all new this and wish I knew a lot more.
They said my blood count was 160. Told not to eat cereal, bread, pasta, potatoes, etc..... I see this is going to take a lot getting use too.
I forget I am also on Janumet twice a day.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Sounds like you've got some good advice to start with! One book a lot of people find very helpful is Gretchen Becker's The First Year: Type Two Diabetes.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Netrider, welcome aboard! The book that has been recommended is excellent. You can buy it on amazon.com. It takes a lot of self control and determination to be successful in the initial stages of diabetes. You are off to a good start by being here where you can get help. There are certainly support groups for diabetics in San Diego. Joining a group can give you additional information and face to face support from fellow Type 2 diabetics.

Ask all the questions you want!

Richard

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, netrider! Yep, it takes a good deal of getting used to, but it sure is good to hear you got the advice about reducing cereal, bread, etc. If I'd gotten that kind of guidance in the beginning, I'd have been off to a far better start! Sounds like you have good docs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You

A thank you to everyone. It is good to know I found the right place. I have a lot of questions but will wait until I talk to the people at the clinic. I have so many questions and will need a lot of support to get started on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts