The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying hi...first time here today.

Thanks to those who work on this forum. Knowledge is power and being able to use all the great information from the people who have been beating down this disease and living a healthy life is an awesome tool.

For me....37, Type 2 since 2004. Had some success managing with diet and exercise alone but lately...not so much. I've gone back on meds, 1000mg Glumetza (extended release Met...been better on my stomach) and 100mg of Januvia. It's only been a few weeks...sugar are slowly dropping...but was hoping for better response. I'll up the Glumetza if I have to. Hoping to avoid Insulin.

In any case...looking forward to chatting with all of you. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just saying hi...first time here today.

Thanks to those who work on this forum. Knowledge is power and being able to use all the great information from the people who have been beating down this disease and living a healthy life is an awesome tool.

For me....37, Type 2 since 2004. Had some success managing with diet and exercise alone but lately...not so much. I've gone back on meds, 1000mg Glumetza (extended release Met...been better on my stomach) and 100mg of Januvia. It's only been a few weeks...sugar are slowly dropping...but was hoping for better response. I'll up the Glumetza if I have to. Hoping to avoid Insulin.

In any case...looking forward to chatting with all of you. Thanks!
Welcome mediaman! We are glad that you found this forum, there is a lot of good information about diabetes on here. If you need to go on insulin, it is really not that bad. It is good that you are exploring other medications options right now. Just curious, why are you trying to avoid taking insulin?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, mediaman! Happy to meet you & I hope we'll be able to support you well, whatever twists and turns your diabetes takes you on. Insulin is another great tool in our arsenal of diabetes weapons, and if the time comes you & I need it, I think we'll be glad it's available - I know I will be! It can really help control.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard, mediaman! Happy to meet you & I hope we'll be able to support you well, whatever twists and turns your diabetes takes you on. Insulin is another great tool in our arsenal of diabetes weapons, and if the time comes you & I need it, I think we'll be glad it's available - I know I will be! It can really help control.
Thanks everyone.

I don't have a specific reason to want to avoid Insulin...only that I was hoping the disease hadn't progessed to the point where I would need it. Combination meds have worked well before but it's taking time for it to kick in this time around.
I've started with a personal trainer and will be seeing a nutritionist soon. The meds are starting to have an impact...though not so impressive yet. However, we started at the smallest dose to help with side effects. I just started taking the full dose this week.

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated on my progess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts