The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I found out not long ago that I have diabetes, I'm looking forward to learn as much as I can about the disease and how to control it. It whould be wonderfull If there was a cure, but with every major didease like Aids or Cancer there isn't a cure yet. This situation is keeping me down, but I know that I will overcome it.

Best regards to all.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We are glad you are here!
Tell us a little bit about yourself. Type 1 or Type 2? Oral meds, insulin, diet and exercise, etc.?
I hope you come back often and gain invaluable insight on how to control your disease. We can only help you if you give us information about your condition.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. Although there is no cure as of yet, this disease can be managed and we can limit symptoms and complications by achieving normal or near normal bgs. What is frustrating about diabetes is that each of us is totally different depending on the state of our pancreas and how efficient it is. Some can manage this with diet and exercise, others need oral meds, some need insulin. But the goal is the same to get those bgs close to 100 or under. Lots of support, here.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, Cangalux. There is much good support here, and many members with excellent advice/experience/wisdom about diabetes. I hope you can overcome your initial discouragement by meeting people who live happy successful lives, even with our uninvited little "hitchhiker". :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
That is a wonderful attitude you have, Cangalux. You sound like a winner!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts