The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been a type 2 diabetic for some 6 years. I have never really taken much care of changing my life style.
Recently I read a lot about what diabeties can do to your body and have change my life style. In 3 week my blood sugar level have reduced dramatically and I have lost weight.
I hope to learn from others on the forum about my ongoing health.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Hi Terry. glad to hear that you are taking this seriously. Welcome to the Forum, lots of great folks here

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome Terry . . . thank you for joining us! If anyone had told me two years ago that I'd be living without bread & potatoes - and LIKING it! - I'd have sent them to have their head examined! :D I think we're all resistant to changing these very basic habits, and it takes this kind of wakeup call to get our attention. You are well on your way already, and you'll fit right in here . . . congrats on the improved levels & the weight loss.

Take care & I hope you can visit often!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you come back often. We are glad you are here!

G

·
welcome Terry :) glad to hear you have decided to make some changes. It's never easy to come to terms with a chronic illness at times. I think everyone here would agree with me that we have all had our tough times and probably still do at times. Keep up the positive attitude as that is what it takes to get you on track and stay on track. Are you controlling your diabetes with diet and exercise alone, or are you also on oral medication? Look forward to hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warfarin

Welcome Terry . . . thank you for joining us! If anyone had told me two years ago that I'd be living without bread & potatoes - and LIKING it! - I'd have sent them to have their head examined! :D I think we're all resistant to changing these very basic habits, and it takes this kind of wakeup call to get our attention. You are well on your way already, and you'll fit right in here . . . congrats on the improved levels & the weight loss.

Take care & I hope you can visit often!
Hi not sure if Im doing this right.
I have a particular problem are there other type 2 who also have had open heart surgwry and are taking warfarin for blood thinning. The changing I did to my diet have resulyed in my INR going from 2 to 3.5 at my last blood test. Any one else facing this problem?
Kind Regards Terry bailey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome Terry :) glad to hear you have decided to make some changes. It's never easy to come to terms with a chronic illness at times. I think everyone here would agree with me that we have all had our tough times and probably still do at times. Keep up the positive attitude as that is what it takes to get you on track and stay on track. Are you controlling your diabetes with diet and exercise alone, or are you also on oral medication? Look forward to hearing your experiences.
Hi am controlling with diet exercise and medication. I also take warfarin for a mechanical heart valve which is a real pain on the diet side of things. I have been type 2 for several years but up until recently never really bothered. The only problem I am finding is the conflicting information about what you can and cannot eat.
Kind Regards Terry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll bet it is . . . and you have frequent tests for your pro time, right? And your warfarin is then adjusted based on the tests?
Hi could someone explain how I convert the USA numbers which are around the 100 mark to UK number which are in the 4 to10 range
thanks

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts