The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new to the Forum, however not new to diabetes :(
It is great to hear from others, many of our problems/solutions can be useful for each other - thanks already!

I am type 2 and using insulin (oral meds worked for a few years). While I'm sure to have questions, need to read many of the posts first, so have my work ahead of me. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good to meet you, Larry - thank you for joining us. If we keep attracting members from KCMO, we may have to open a branch office over there! ;) I'm a little farther down the road toward Ft. Leonard Wood.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shanny,

Thank you for the welcome! OK for the Ft Leonard wood area, don't know the actual settled area but do know the woods just to south! A nice wild area to hike in, which I used to do often, in younger days `;^)

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Welcome, Larry! You're an old-hand diabetic, and am interested in your experiences of management since your dx. I'm new to the club but have learned a lot.

Glad you're here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Am new to the Forum, however not new to diabetes :(
It is great to hear from others, many of our problems/solutions can be useful for each other - thanks already!

I am type 2 and using insulin (oral meds worked for a few years). While I'm sure to have questions, need to read many of the posts first, so have my work ahead of me. Thanks to everyone.
Welcome, Larry. This is a great place; you'll be right at home here.

Rosa

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome Larry

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To Moon and others,
Thanks for the welcome!!!
For sure feel the OLD part, especially in these morning hours :D
From what I've read so far, you guys pretty well have things figured out. Since retiring I've been working to lower my BG readings. Last A1C was 6.9 and hoping to lower that back below 6. Am managing the waking BG readings much better, this morning was 101 (AM is my most difficult).
I would recommend that all the newer people read and learn, then be an active participant in their management!

Welcome, Larry! You're an old-hand diabetic, and am interested in your experiences of management since your dx. I'm new to the club but have learned a lot.

Glad you're here.

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Larry :) you've had the D for as long as I have. I'm the same in that oral meds only worked short term and now I'm on insulin. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts