The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:boink:

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, I was diagnosed in 2007 (other than gest. diabetes). My A1C's have been good 4.8-6, until recently. My last one was 7.8. I was dx with thyroid cancer and think the radiation effected my diabetes. So, recently my glipizide has tripled and started on Byetta on saturday. My number are showing improvement today was around 100-120 readings. I am down 5 pounds since saturday (which I need to lose 100#).

Just wanted to say hello to everyone :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Mrs. EC . . . sorry for your recent medical adversity, and I hope the radiation did what was expected of it! Keep us posted on how it's going & be sure to ask any questions - it must be aggravating to have to retool your management regimen when you've been in control for so long.

Take care & visit us often! :wave:

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! Thanks yes the radiation got what it was suppose to. Hopefully I can offer advice as well. I work in a dr's office and am knowledgable in some areas :) I am trying to learn the new me:)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Welcome Mrs. EC

Sorry to hear of your 'C' diagnosis, but glad the radiation did what it was supposed to do. My thoughts on diabetes management are: just when you think you have everything down pat and things seem to be going fairly smooth - someone goes and changes the rules of the diabetes game, and you have to start all over again :)

Hope to see you again.

How far are you from Chicago, IL?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Welcome Mrs. EC! Glad that the radiation did what is was supposed to do. Sorry your diabetes has been difficult lately. What kind of Doctor do you work for? I work for a Neuropsychologist. Let me tell you, that life can be quite interesting working for a psych doc!
Hopefully all will go well with your regimen that you are currently taking. Keep us posted on your progress.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Mrs. EC

Sorry to hear of your 'C' diagnosis, but glad the radiation did what it was supposed to do. My thoughts on diabetes management are: just when you think you have everything down pat and things seem to be going fairly smooth - someone goes and changes the rules of the diabetes game, and you have to start all over again :)

Hope to see you again.

How far are you from Chicago, IL?
Thanks Strawberry.
I knew one day I would have the C just from family genes. I think I have a good handle so far...well getting back to it. I am 2 hours away. We have family in the burbs and thats where we are from.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Mrs. EC! Glad that the radiation did what is was supposed to do. Sorry your diabetes has been difficult lately. What kind of Doctor do you work for? I work for a Neuropsychologist. Let me tell you, that life can be quite interesting working for a psych doc!
Hopefully all will go well with your regimen that you are currently taking. Keep us posted on your progress.
I work for an awesome internist (she's my doc too). We are in a multi practice building...so yes it gets very interesting... lmao...neurophysc's are special people :) I can imagine...lol

I see the diabetic educator friday, just for a refresher. I dont see the endo till December (saw him this month)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts