The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought my health sucked being diagnosed type 2. Well my wonderfully awesome girlfriend who had carpal tunnel surgery a little over a month ago. Found out yesturday she has fibromyalga!!

I really think she is trying to 1 up my diabetes.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I have both, and I've good news and bad news: she wins!

Excepting if one has diabetes complications, diabetes doesn't have to disrupt one's life in any (meaningful) way like chronic fibro does. That said, we're talking workarounds, and there's always a way to work around and live a vibrant life regardless :)

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
741 Posts
lol @ 1 up-ing

my dorta was over yesterday...her dad (my ex) has just been diagnosed with cancer...had a lump removed and is doing 100% fine...she said every time he has ANY pain now it's cancer (in a very jokey way)...so his knee hurt and she says KNEE CANCER...they laugh...

I so agree moon...we try to stay optimistic...laughing is such a healthy tool...but I'm convinced he only got cancer to get more foody presents!

Reactions: moon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol

I laugh or joke about everything. Everytime erin tells me to do some chore round the house. I always say yeah make the. Dying diabetic do it. When we do shoppping and she gets sweets for the kids I tell her yeah make the man with the faulty pancrease suffer. And wen we joke around I ask her if she hates me as much as my pancrease does. God I love her! I wish I could take her fibro from her!!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
God I love her! I wish I could take her fibro from her!!
So sweet <insert the greatest unfound emoticon ever here> ...

She's as lucky to have you as you are her, Lee. I was blessed not to run into the doubters when I was diagnosed - everyone saw the dramatic changes in me and knew I wasn't malingering. Lots of fibro sufferers aren't that lucky. A friend of mine's husband divorced her years ago because of it: thought she had just turned lazy.

What a love you are :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I laugh or joke about everything. Everytime erin tells me to do some chore round the house. I always say yeah make the. Dying diabetic do it. When we do shoppping and she gets sweets for the kids I tell her yeah make the man with the faulty pancrease suffer. And wen we joke around I ask her if she hates me as much as my pancrease does. God I love her! I wish I could take her fibro from her!!
I love her name . . . my youngest sister is an "Erin" and she's the apple of my eye - the daughter I never had (until I married the second time around). She's nearly 50 years old now - I can barely believe it - she has adult children of her own, but she's still my little girl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts