The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 59 year old T1D, who has been T1 for 56 years. I am extremely brittle but currently have no complications. My A1Cs have always been terrible, usually about 8.1.

I started on a Medtronics pump about 20 years ago, switched to the Omnipod about 3 years ago and switched again to MDI with 2 daily injections of Humilin N and using Novalog for bolus shots.

6 weeks ago, I switched from the Humulin N to Tresiba and started using the Dexcom CGM. I have been delighted with the level control of Tresiba. It has been very level basal control with no peaks or drops and no nighttime lows the entire time.

I'd be curious to know if others have had a similar experience with Tresiba.

I look forward to hearing for other members and their stories!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
What a journey you've had, and how tremendous to find a basal that stands out from the rest for you. I'm a T2, with limited insulin experience (have used it for 2 months), and wasn't familiar with Tresbia until last week ironically when I did a phone/web interview for Novo Nordisk who was conducting some related research. Wonderful that it's working so well for you.

Very glad to hear you've no complications!

Welcome to the forum; glad you joined us.

Reactions: MaJoie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi dj.....welcome and I think you'll like the people here. I'm new also, Type 2, just diagnosed last month so no insulin experience but I DO love me some Texas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts