The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago w/Type II. Fasting BG was 273 and A1C was 11.9. I'm a 55 yr old male, and not overweight. Have been eating right since dx, and have met with a CDE last week. As have many, I've been reading everything I can to learn more about what I need to do. Happy to have found this site for all of the experience that is shared. I've already learned a lot from here. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. I was dx'd at the age of 56, 4 years ago. I also was not really overweight but I guess my pancreas decided to take a vacation. I have since learned to eat differently to save whatever beta cells I have left. Lots of great info here.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, bps! Thank you for joining us - it's good to meet you. For me it's been a major boost to find people who actually know what I'm talking about when I run aground, or when I have a small but significant triumph. There is SO much knowledge/wisdom/experience on this forum, and it's so good to have you with us.

take care and visit often!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome. Do not be afraid to ask questions. I can only tell you there is really not a stupid question unless it is the one you don't ask.

There is a variety of lengths of time that people have had diabetes, so at some point we may have been there and done that.

Good luck and keep a positive attitude.

G

·
welcome BPS :) keep us updated on your experiences. I'm one of those people that was diagnosed with type 2 when I was young. It's a learning experience no matter how long you've had it for though. Initially I found it caused me a lot of stress as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. But with having D it's a bit hard sometimes to have total control that you'd like... but you give it your best shot always.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Welcome bps! There are actually many of us that were diagnoses with T2 young and not overweight. I was only 16. I am sure that you will do just fine :) Many diabetics I know were actually healthier after they were diagnosed! Please feel free to post often and ask any questions you like. We are all here to help each other out!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.