The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and I am looking for information and guidance on diabetes. I bought a test meter and my numbers are running from 110 to as high as 240 after fasting for 8 hours. I have no health insurance right now so i am trying to control the numbers with diet.

I know my numbers should be around 100. My question is how bad is bad with the numbers. I can not find a range breakout that indicates severity of the numbers. Maybe it is as simple as, if you are over 115 your in big trouble.

Since I do not have health insurance I am trying totough thsi out for a while until I can get a job and get covered. I am a 45 year old male by the way. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Big Smitty: :)

Good to see you here. I hope that you had a Nice week-end.

Between 80mg/dL-120mg/dL is a Good normal range to be in for a Diabetic. There may be a slight variance, depending on the medical authority.

Fasting Blood Glucose

72-108mg/dL
4.0 – 6.0mmol/L

So ya, 240mg/dL is way too high. Have you been diagnosed yet? I hope that you have Good Luck in finding a job soon.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello and welcome to our support group! Do you know what your numbers are like at meal time and two hours after meals? These numbers are important too. If you tested at those times for just one day then tell us what they are it will help us to help you. The 240 is way to high. The 110 is good. What did you do different that may have caused the 240? I need more information before I can offer any suggestions. You should see a doctor experienced in treating diabetic ptients soon, if possible. Good luck!

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts