The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I have had type 2 diabetes for 20 years and am now insulin-dependant. I have done a lot of research on this disease, but can still learn more. There is never an end. I want to be able to learn new things from this site and maybe I can help others with some tips. Thanks all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Rita & welcome :) I'm newly diagnosed T2 and have learnt tons from these forums - nice to see new people here with lots of information who have managed for a long time!

G

·
Welcome to the forum, Rita.

Like Aribella, I'm a newly-diagnosed T2 diabetic and have learnt a lot from reading the posts here.

I look forward to learning from your experiences as well. :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Thank you for joining us, Rita . . . looking forward to learning from your experience. I've been type 2 for 2½ years, and still managing with metformin alone. It certainly is a never-ending journey, but it sure helps to have friends like these along on the trip! It's a great group we have here - always something going on! So welcome aboard! :D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey Rita. Welcome to the group.

How have you been doing ? We're looking forward to learning from your experience...

Tony

·
Registered
206 Posts
but can still learn more. There is never an end.
So true! And what years of diabetes taught me is that my body changes, reacts differently, and yes the disease progresses whether I like to admit it or not so yes I need to keep myself updated and aware of what's out there to help me in my quest for wellness.

And welcome! :welcome:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Rita, welcome to DF. I've been D for almost 5 years and still managing on the maximum amount of Metformin and Low Carb diet. Luckily , keep my fingers crossed things are pretty much controlled. Since joining online forums I have discovered new ways to bake and cook that keep my bgs very low. I'm glad your found us.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi and Welcome Rita *waves from Australia*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts