The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Kaylin. I'm 27 years old and I've been diabetic since I was 21. (type 2). I live in northern ohio, (right on lake erie) with my girlfriend. I've only been here since march and i lived all over the country before that.....from texas to oregon, to arkansas, georgia and most reccently before now indiana. So to say the least my life has been quite interesting as of late. Unfortunatly as well I've not been on any medications or seen a doctor since sometime last fall because moving so much meant my state insurance did not get transferred.....

anyway my insurance DID get set up just this week and i'm gunna be goin back to a doctor. The good news is that i still do test my blood sugar 4 times a day and prolly the highest reading i've seen in the last week or so was 212 and i know that was because i was sick and my fasting readings are almost always under 120 so i'm hoping it wont be hard to get stuff under control and hopefully my life will settle down some.

I'm looking forward to talkin to people, i've never belonged to a board like this before and it looks like it might be neat to have some support an stuff.

Laterz!!
Kaylin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Kaylin and welcome. I myself just recently joined. I get most of my support from forums like this. My home is in Michigan about 30 miles NW of Toledo. I have been T1 since 1964. Take it easy and I hope you get settled with a new endo soon.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Kaylin: :)

Good to see ya. I didn't have Diabetic to Diabetic support until
2002, so you are benefiting way before me. Good for you. You'll
probably learn more than your Health Care Team will tell you....
unless you know ALL the questions to ask them and they give you
the Full answers.

You know that you may not need meds. if you are a Type 2. Many
have done the diet and exercise treatment for many years and keeping
their sugars in a decent range. IF you are into low-carbing diets then
Dr. Bernstein may help you.

Being over-weight can make a Type 2 Insulin-resistant which isn't Good.
But if the Person loses even some of the weight then they will be way
better off.

In regards to your cat and fish, I had 2 cats and discovered that I was
allergic to them. Unfortunately, I discovered that after I was lacking
3 of my 8 fish. I then had a chow/med. pom mx. for 12 years. Sweet,
hairy but a yappy Boy. Now we have a fuzzy, black Netherlands/Polish
dwarf Bunny. She's a Real Sweetheart and doesn't talk much. She only
growls occasionally after the broom like a dog and bites if you don't grab
her correctly out of her cage. They are territorial. ;)

We hope to see you back and I do hope that everything settles down for
you Kaylin. Great Luck! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
im new too and travel a lot im from ny and just joined this forum and i am ready to talk about my experiences living with type 1 so hope you can get control and hope your insurance will continue your road to a healthier life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts