The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a type 2 diabetic since 1994 I was 15 when I was diagnosed. I have been suffering from Hyperglycemia for many many years and now all of a sudden suffer from Hypoglycemia. My diabetes is being controlled by mainly oral medication, diet and exercise. I have been through many tough times in dealing with diabetes. My kidneys and liver have been effected but luckily I took action before it got too bad. I'm here trying to find the answers that my doctors don't seem to give me, and gain support from other's who deal with diabetes.:)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
For whatever reasons, there seem to be a lot of answers our docs aren't forthcoming with . . . and a big reason in my opinion, is that they don't know, but won't admit it! :(

There's certainly a trove of knowledge, wisdom & experience here at DF, and I thank you for joining us. We all learn from each other & the support structure is awesome!

:welcome:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For whatever reasons, there seem to be a lot of answers our docs aren't forthcoming with . . . and a big reason in my opinion, is that they don't know, but won't admit it! :(

There's certainly a trove of knowledge, wisdom & experience here at DF, and I thank you for joining us. We all learn from each other & the support structure is awesome!

:welcome:

Thanks, Great to be here. :cool:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. You said you suffered from hyperglycemia for many years. Did they ever put you on insulin? What oral meds have you been taking? There are certain sulphyurea drugs that tend to cause hypos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never been on insulin, I talked about it with my doctor years ago but she didn't think that was a good idea. Now my sugars are low and I can't get my current dr to figure out why. As of right now the only meds I'm on is Glipizide 5 mgs in the am and 5 in the pm, and actos 30 mgs. The last time I was at the dr he reduced my meds and told me to eat assuming that I wasn't and that's why my sugars were so low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts